Giulia is a chartered chemical engineer with over 10 years experience in oil and gas production and operations and a PhD in flow assurance from the Heriot-Watt University Institute of GeoEnergy Engineering. She previously worked for a leading service company as field engineer and account manager in Italy, North America and UK.
Giulia is a leading expert in scale predictions and flow assurance field studies and her main areas of expertise are:
- Scale predictions with particular focus on carbonate and sulphide scales;
- Scale risk assessments associated with the deployment of new technologies such as EOR;
- Root cause analysis of field scale problems downhole, in topside facilities and injection wells;
- Integration of PVT modelling and aqueous phase modelling with the use of multiple software;
- Sulphide scale modelling and interface with corrosion mechanisms;
- Investigation of well injectivity loss;
- Reservoir souring modelling.
Giulia collaborates with the Flow Assurance and Scale Team (FAST) at Heriot-Watt University, Institute of GeoEnergy Engineering and is a visiting scholar at HWU.
She has published numerous papers mainly focused on scale prediction and she currently serves on the SPE Oilfield Chemistry Conference committee.